Like a butterfly we evolve in stages.































"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world the Master calls a butterfly".

Richard Bach



Thursday, July 29, 2010

Faith and Strength

The following is an excerpt from, "God's Promises for You ~ Scripture Selections from Max Lucado", page 19:

"An example of faith was found on the wall of a concentration camp. On it a prisoner had carved the words:

I believe in the sun, even though it doesn't shine,
I believe in love, even when it isn't shown,
I believe in God, even when he doesn't speak.

I try to imagine the person who etched those words. I try to envision his skeletal hand gripping the broken glass or stone that cut into the wall. I try to imagine his eyes squinting through the darkness as he carved each letter. What hand could have cut such a conviction? What eyes could have seen good in such horror?

There is only one answer: Eyes that chose to see the unseen."

He gives strength to those who are tired and more power to those who are weak. The people who trust the Lord will become strong again.

They will rise up as an eagle in the sky; they will run and not need rest; they will walk and not become tired.

Isaiah 40:29, 31

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and inspirational. I've been lead to study Isaiah 40-42 the last 3 days. It always amazes me how something written so long ago still speaks to us so personally today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kimberly, I haven't visited my old blog for quite some time and was pleasantly surprised to read your reply once again. I had obviously forgotten that I had read it four years ago. I hope you are doing well and that your life is going well for you. God bless your days!

      Delete